With almost 3 billion registered users and 400 signing up every minute, Facebook has become the most popular social media platform. Most of the time, people communicate and connect with more than one user at a time.
Groups are exactly the feature Facebook has employed to cater to these needs. But how do you make a group on Facebook?
This is how to create a Facebook group:
- Go to the “Menu” from the top right.
- Tap the “Groups” option.
- On the left, click the “Group” option and “Create new group” on the web.
- Or select the blue plus “+” icon on the bottom right if you’re on the App.
From there, you can name your group, set privacy settings, and finally set up your group.
Groups provide a platform for announcements, sharing content, building a community, and much more. Facebook groups are versatile and flexible.
From meme groups to buying an airplane. There is probably a Facebook group for whatever you can think of.
This article will dive into making a group on the Facebook app and the website, along with some additional group features.
- How to create a Facebook group from the app
- How to create a Facebook group from a desktop
- Optional Group setup options
- Final thoughts on making a Facebook group
How to create a Facebook group from the app
Facebook has Revamped its app quite a lot to improve options and usability. These changes have made navigating through features like making a group easier.
To create a group on the Facebook app, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Facebook App
Find the app on your phone, launch it, and log in if it isn’t already logged in.
Step 2: Tap on the “Menu” option
On the top right of the screen, there are three parallel horizontal lines; that’s the “Menu” option.
If you are on iOS, then it is on the bottom left.
Step 3: Select “Groups”
This area contains all settings and actions related to Groups on Facebook.
Step 4: Tap the Blue Plus Sign “+” and select “Create Group.”
It will be on the bottom right of your screen.
When you tap the plus sign, you will see two options.
- Create post
- And “Create group.”
Select the “Create group” option.
Step 5: Set up your group’s name and settings
You will be provided with two fields you need to complete.
- Name: This will allow you to set the name of your group.
- Privacy: This will determine who can view your group’s content. Public or Private.
Step 6: Setting up your group
After following these steps, your group is created. Now Facebook will provide you with additional options to finish setting up your group. These include:
- Invite Friends
- Cover Photo
- Group Description
You can work on these options separately as you wish or skip them.
How to create a Facebook group from a desktop
The method for making a Facebook group is not that different on the Web.
It’s more straightforward than making one on the app because it skips a few steps.
To make a Facebook group from a desktop device, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Facebook on the Web
Open the website and log into your account.
Step 2: Click on “Groups” from the options on the left
You will see several options on the left corner of your screen; one of the options is “Groups.”
Step 3: Click on “Create new group.”
On the left side of your screen, you will see:
- Your feed
- And below that will be a blue button with “Create new group.”
Select the third option of “Create new group” to continue.
Step 4: Set up your group
You will see the option to name your group and set the privacy and visibility. Here you can choose your preferred settings.
Once you choose the “Create” option, your group will officially be created.
Optional Group setup options
After setting up your group’s name, privacy, and visibility, you will be greeted with optional settings and customization.
- You can invite your friends to join the group to get it started. The users you invite will get an invite from you, and they will automatically join if they accept the request.
- You can add a cover photo that will display in the background whenever someone views your group.
- A description can be added to the group, which describes it in a few lines so the user can get a gist of what it is about quickly.
- You can set group goals like meeting new people, promoting a business, planning, coordinating, buying, selling, etc.
Although this is optional, a good setup will go a long way in creating a better impression on all users viewing the group.
This will help in growing the group.
Lastly, if you no longer want the group present on Facebook, you can leave and delete your Facebook group quite easily.
Final thoughts on making a Facebook group
There are unlimited opportunities and possibilities when making a group on the world’s biggest social media platform.
There are billions of groups already existing for unique and different purposes, but there’s always something to add.
This guide is the first step in making a difference in the Facebook community; we hope you’ve found it helpful.