If you’re strapped for YouTube video ideas or are just looking for a way to connect with your audience on a personal level, Q&A questions can be a great way to showcase your personality, build rapport, and make an entertaining YouTube video all in one go.
Regardless of whether you’re just starting your YouTube channel or are an experienced YouTuber with a large following, Q and A question videos are a fun and interesting way to humanize you as a creator and are a staple video for vlogs and personal lifestyle YouTube channels.
Finding good questions to ask and answer can be tricky, so to save you the trouble, I’ve gone ahead and assembled the best collection of 437 Q&A questions for YouTube videos and vlogs.
So, grab your camera and jump into these juicy, interesting, and downright fun questions for every type of creator, from families or couples to teens and friends, there is a section for everyone.
- General Q&A Questions for YouTube
- Q&A Questions for teens
- Q&A Questions for friends
- Q&A Questions for couples
- Q&A Questions for girls
- Q&A Questions for boys
- Q&A Questions for sisters
- Get to know me questions for YouTube
- Funny personal experience questions
- Q&A Questions for kids
- Fun Hypothetical questions
- Q&A Questions for YouTubers
- Final thoughts on the best Q&A questions for YouTube
General Q&A Questions for YouTube
These general Q&A questions work for all situations, you can answer them yourself by speaking to your viewers, “interview” your boyfriend/girlfriend, or just have a chat with a friend. If you’re looking for some easy YouTube questions to get started, then these are perfect and shouldn’t cause much drama.
1. Have you ever met someone famous?
2. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
3. What was your worst injury?
4. What is your favorite season?
5. What is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
6. Would you rather be able to read minds or go back in time?
7. What is your favorite drink?
8. Do you drink a lot of caffeine?
9. Where would you go first if you could teleport?
10. When was the last time you went to the hospital?
11. Would you like to be famous?
12. How many hours a day do you spend on your phone?
13. What is your favorite social media app?
14. Have you ever been in the snow?
15. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
16. Who would be your ideal partner?
17. Do you still have your childhood teddy bear?
18. Do you like your life or would you change it?
19. What fear do you want to conquer?
20. Do you have any secrets that nobody knows?
21. What is the first thing you would do if you were invisible?
22. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
23. Favorite holiday: beach, mountain, or city?
24. What celebrity do you look up to the most?
25. What is your favorite thing to wear?
26. Do you like TV talent shows?
27. Have you ever had to be put under for surgery?
28. What’s your opinion on reality TV shows?
29. Do you like scary movies?
30. How many people have you kissed?
31. What sport is the most exciting to watch?
32. Where will you be in 10 years?
33. Have you ever fired a real gun?
34. What is the cutest animal?
35. What animal do you resemble?
36. Last film you watched?
37. Have you ever cried at a film?
38. When was the last time you were sick?
39. What is your first memory?
40. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?
41. How many countries have you been to?
42. What is your favorite TV show?
43. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
44. What celebrity would you beat up in a fight?
45. What do you think is your best feature?
46. What was your favorite childhood toy?
47. What was the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
48. Have you ever been arrested?
49. Have you ever shot a gun?
50. What was the last movie you watched?
51. What sport is the least exciting to watch?
52. Do you enjoy rollercoasters?
53. Have you ever cheated?
54. Where will you be in 5 years?
55. What charitable cause is closest to your heart?
56. What is your favorite midnight snack?
57. Do you prefer warm weather or cold weather?
58. What is your pet peeve?
59. Have you ever cheated on a test?
60. What is your hidden talent?
61. Are there any unsolved mysteries that interest you?
62. Do you prefer shopping at the mall or online?
63. What is your favorite breakfast meal?
64. What do you miss the most about being younger?
65. What is the most trouble you have been in?
66. Would you rather live in a penthouse or on the beach?
67. Describe your perfect day
68. Do you prefer dressing up, or wearing casual clothes?
69. Would you go to space?
70. What was your best subject in school?
71. What superpower would you like to have?
72. Who can you say anything to?
73. How long would you last on a deserted island?
74. Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
75. How many pets do you want?
76. Which actor/actress is your least favorite?
77. How many oceans have you been in?
78. What is the best part about being (your age)?
79. What is your dream job?
80. Is there anything about yourself that you would like to change?
81. Have you ever ding-dong-ditched?
82. Would you rather live in a submarine, airplane, or train?
83. What is something you would like to improve on?
84. What is the best part of where you live?
Q&A Questions for teens
If you’re a teenager looking for YouTube video ideas, these Q&As will provide you with some go-to questions to get your videos going in an entertaining way. Use these as inspiration, or take them exactly as they are, just remember to have fun.
85. What is your morning routine?
86. What would you do if you won the lottery?
87. What food can you not stand?
88. When would you have kids?
89. Who is your favorite teacher?
90. What is the best thing to do on a hot summer day?
91. Do you like to celebrate your birthday?
92. Who do you look up to?
93. What is your evening routine?
94. What was the last concert you attended?
95. How would your parents describe you?
96. What time do you wake up?
97. Have you ever caught a fish?
98. Where do you want to retire?
99. What style of house do you want to live in when you’re older?
100. What time do you go to bed?
101. What is your favorite dessert?
102. Have you ever seen a ghost?
103. Hamburgers or pizza?
104. Ice cream or cookies?
105. Which music genre do you listen to the most?
106. Which is your favorite band?
107. What is your favorite board game?
108. What is your favorite genre of movies?
109. Would you ever skydive?
110. Who’s your best friend?
111. Do you have a sweet tooth?
112. What is your favorite TV show?
113. Where do you want to go to college?
114. Which person would you like to switch lives with?
115. Do you like to travel?
116. What is one thing you can’t wait to do when you’re older?
117. Are you a morning person or a night person?
118. What movie can you watch over and over again?
119. Which of your social media profiles would you get rid of?
120. What instrument would you like to learn?
121. Have you ever stayed up all night?
122. What is your most embarrassing memory?
123. Have you ever broken a bone?
124. Do you like the city or the country more?
125. What gets you emotional?
126. Do you love or hate school?
127. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
128. Do you enjoy playing sports?
129. What is your favorite book?
130. How many cousins do you have?
131. What has been the biggest motivation in your life?
132. Who was your childhood best friend?
133. Where do you want to live when you’re 30?
134. Who’s your celebrity lookalike?
135. When do you want to get married?
136. Have you ever had surgery?
137. What is your biggest achievement?
Q&A Questions for friends
Making a video with your friends can be a great way to help you relax and be more confident on camera, and these questions will help you get to know each other even better.
While these questions are best suited for teens, you can also use them for family members, or just dish on your own juicy stories.
138. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done to tell a guy/girl you are crushing on?
139. When was the last time you felt really precious to your family?
140. How can you tell a person is crushing on you?
141. Who is the closest family member to your heart?
142. How do you know your best friend is loyal?
143. Do you have a box of secret objects in your room?
144. Who was your first celebrity crush?
145. What are the top 10 qualities preferably any good friend should have?
146. Have you ever had a big fight with your parents? About what?
147. What is your favorite appetizer?
148. Do you believe in a strong friendship relationship between a boy and a girl?
149. Who is your craziest family member?
150. Has anyone ever trusted you with their darkest secret?
151. What is the weirdest ice cream flavor you have ever tasted?
152. Love comes after marriage or before?
153. Do you believe in love at first sight?
154. Skiing or snowboarding?
155. Coffee or tea?
156. How often do you brush your teeth?
Q&A Questions for couples
These questions are perfect for couples who want to see how well their significant other knows them. You can of course also ask many of these questions amongst friends to see how well they know you, but these q&a questions are particularly good for couples to help share details of your relationship with your viewers and grow closer as a couple.
157. How many shoes do you have?
158. What was your first impression of me?
159. Who is always hungry?
160. What’s our biggest similarity?
161. Who is funnier?
162. Who is more addicted to their phone?
163. Where would our dream vacation be?
164. When did you first know you liked me?
165. Who is lazier?
166. Do you have any regrets about me?
167. Who stays up later?
168. What is one thing you would change about me?
169. Who gets hangry more?
170. Who likes animals more?
171. Who sleeps more?
172. Who is the better kisser?
173. Who is the bigger softy?
174. How many kids do you want?
175. Where would we get married?
176. Have you ever lied to me?
177. Who made the first move?
178. What was the last movie you cried to?
179. What is the best part about being in a relationship?
180. Which habit of mine is weird?
181. What is my ideal wedding?
182. Who is the better athlete?
183. What’s my best feature?
184. Where would I like to travel to?
185. Which restaurant do I like the most?
186. What is my favorite drink?
187. How many kids would we have?
188. What scares me?
189. Who is grumpier?
190. Do I love to sing or dance more?
191. Where did we first meet?
192. Will you go on a holiday with me this summer?
193. Which dress do I look good in?
194. Who is more emotional?
195. What is your favorite thing about my personality?
196. If you won the lottery, what would you buy me first?
197. Have you ever hidden anything from me?
198. What is my favorite animal?
199. Which car do I like the most?
200. What do your parents think of me?
201. How often do you get mad at me?
202. Where do you see us in 5 years?
203. Where do you see us in 10 years?
204. Do I have good style?
205. How often do you think of me during the day?
206. Would you still be with me if I was 10 feet tall?
207. Do I like hugs or kisses better?
208. What is my best physical feature?
209. What’s our biggest difference?
210. How do you like my hair done?
211. What would you like to change about me?
212. Have you ever spoken badly about me to your friends when I was not around?
213. Am I a morning person or a night person?
214. What can I cook the best?
215. What’s my best trait?
216. Where would our honeymoon be?
217. What is my favorite movie?
Q&A Questions for girls
If you’re a girl, or you’re making a video with your girlfriend(s), here are some fun and interesting questions to ask and answer.
218. Do you believe in Karma?
219. Do you wear make-up every day?
220. Do you prefer shorter or longer hair?
221. How often do you cut your nails?
222. Are you a shopaholic?
223. What quality do you look for in a partner?
224. Would you rather have an American or British accent?
225. Do you prefer tall or shorter guys?
226. What was the last thing you bought?
227. What is your favorite candle scent?
228. When was the last time you cried?
229. What was the last thing that made you cry?
230. What is in your purse?
231. Would you consider yourself romantic?
232. Would you date your best friend?
233. Have you had any cosmetic surgery?
234. Would you have any cosmetic surgery? What would you get done?
235. How old were you when you had your first boyfriend?
Q&A Questions for boys
If you’re a boy, or you’re making a video with your boyfriend, here are some fun and interesting questions to ask and have him answer. These questions can also work for friends, family, or just as a general storytime-style video.
236. What is your favorite sport?
237. If you could be one sportsperson, who would it be?
238. If you could be one superhero, who would it be?
239. Have you ever been in a physical fight?
240. Have you ever been knocked out?
241. Do you want to be famous or rich?
242. What was your most embarrassing school moment?
243. What is your ultimate goal in life?
244. What do you want to do in 10 years?
245. What annoys you?
246. Is anyone in your family in the army?
247. Are you claustrophobic?
248. What video game do you play the most?
249. Have you ever left the country?
250. How many countries have you visited?
251. How old were you when you learned to ride the bicycle?
252. Can you speak any other languages?
253. What is your favorite game?
Q&A Questions for sisters
Siblings often have a special bond like no other, but it can be difficult to showcase that on camera though.
These Q&A questions for YouTube are best for sisters (or siblings in general) and can cause some funny and interesting reactions based on how the other answers, which often makes for a more entertaining video.
254. Who is more emotional?
255. Who would make the best parent?
256. Who is lazier?
257. Who has had more injuries?
258. Who likes nature more?
259. Who does more chores?
260. Who gets more special treatment from parents?
261. Who helps out around the house more?
262. Who is on their phone more?
263. Who is better at cooking?
264. What do you like about each other?
265. Who is better with animals?
266. What is the biggest challenge you have overcome?
267. Who is the healthier eater?
268. Are you more like mom or dad?
269. Who is the faster runner?
270. Who is better at math?
271. What is your favorite game that you play together?
272. Who is cleaner?
273. Who has more special talents?
274. Who can type faster?
275. What is your favorite childhood memory with your sibling?
276. What is your sibling good at?
277. Who has the bigger sweet tooth?
278. Who is louder?
279. Who is more annoying?
280. Who is the better dancer?
281. Who is better at baking?
282. Who would win in arm wrestling?
283. How many times have you stolen from your sibling?
284. Who apologizes first after a fight?
285. Who has had more girlfriends/boyfriends?
286. Who can drink more?
287. Who is stronger?
288. Who does mom like more?
289. Who does dad like more?
290. Who is more trustworthy?
291. Who is the better athlete?
292. Who do your parents like best?
293. Who is the better singer?
294. Who is more likely to go to jail?
295. Who is smarter?
296. Who is the better driver?
297. Who is better with kids?
298. Who has better style?
299. Who has the bigger heart?
300. What’s your biggest bonding experience?
301. What’s the best part about having a sibling?
302. What was the last thing that you did with your sibling?
303. Who reads more?
304. Who is more friendly?
305. Who is the bigger diva?
306. Who enjoys shopping more?
307. Who spends more money?
308. Who is going to make more money?
309. Who is more studious?
310. What is the worst fight you’ve had?
311. Who would win an eating competition?
Get to know me questions for YouTube
If you are just looking to share some things about your personal life with your viewers, then get to know me questions are a great place to start. From your favorite musicians to your goals in life, these questions you can ask and answer yourself and get as deep as you’d like, share some juicy details, or take a funny approach to see how it goes.
312. Apple or Samsung?
313. What’s your best quality?
314. Do you like hot dogs or hamburgers?
315. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
316. What’s your biggest ambition?
317. What is your favorite color?
318. What’s your favorite holiday?
319. What time were you born?
320. Are you lazy or motivated?
321. What was your worst nightmare?
322. Who is your least favorite band or artist?
323. Do you prefer to stay up late?
324. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
325. What’s your favorite season?
326. Do you like indoors or outdoors better?
327. What’s one thing you could not live without?
328. What cuisine is your favorite?
329. What is your astrological sign?
330. Do you believe in aliens?
331. When was your first kiss?
332. Do you like playing video games?
333. Who would be your sidekick if you were a superhero?
334. Would you change anything about your upbringing?
335. Are you a good singer?
336. Who knows you best?
337. What inspires you?
338. Who is your celebrity crush?
339. Who is your favorite artist?
340. Are you religious?
341. Do you have any regrets?
342. Where do you go for help?
343. What is your biggest fear?
344. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
345. Would you ever start your own business?
346. Who is your favorite sibling?
347. Who do you trust with your life?
348. What is/would be your first tattoo?
349. What makes you proud?
350. Do you like to stay up late?
351. What is your favorite type of car?
352. Where do you want to live 10 years from now?
353. Have you won any special awards in school/athletics?
354. What is your favorite food?
355. What is your least favorite thing about the country you live in?
356. Have you ever donated to charity?
357. Are you a quiet person?
358. What is your favorite feature about yourself?
359. What is your favorite movie?
360. Do you believe in ghosts?
361. What is your biggest dream in life?
362. Would you rather live in the city or the country?
363. What is your favorite song?
364. Would you live on Mars if you had the chance?
365. Cats or dogs?
366. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
367. Beer or wine?
368. Apartment or house?
369. Lake or ocean?
370. Mountains or jungle?
371. How tall are you?
372. Who is your role model?
373. How many relationships have you been in?
Funny personal experience questions
These funny experience questions for YouTube are there to help you share a laugh with your audience. Like YouTube challenges, these funny questions help you look at the lighter side of life and are there to help you remember to keep YouTube fun.
374. What is the most awkward thing you have texted someone about?
375. What is the one thing everyone looks silly doing?
376. What is the funniest insult you’ve ever heard?
377. What is the funniest thing you’ve heard this week?
378. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen sold online?
379. What’s your silliest dance move?
380. What is the most believable conspiracy theory you’ve heard?
381. What is the most absurd conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard?
382. What is your best famous person impersonation?
383. What is your most useless talent?
384. Who is the oddest couple you’ve ever seen?
385. What is your worst cooking fail?
386. What’s a silly fashion trend that needs to stop?
387. What is the weirdest place you’ve ever been?
388. What is the most awkward text your parents have sent you?
389. What is the funniest sign you’ve ever seen?
390. What is the dumbest thing a teacher/professor has ever told you?
391. What is the corniest pick-up line you’ve heard or used?
Q&A Questions for kids
These Q and A questions are perfect for kids. Keep things light-hearted and fun in a family vlog style with these innocent questions.
392. Do you still watch cartoons?
393. Have you ever gotten lost?
394. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
395. Do you like cats or dogs?
396. What is the worst grade you’ve gotten on a test?
397. What is your eye color?
398. What is your favorite game?
399. Can you whistle?
400. Do you sleep with the lights on or off?
401. Do you sleep with the door open or closed?
402. Do you have any birthmarks?
403. How do you like to study?
404. Do you prefer a pizza or a burger?
405. Do you watch scary movies?
Fun Hypothetical questions
Put yourself in hypothetical situations with these questions for YouTube. These are perfect for vloggers and YouTubers who want to explore different scenarios and start a discussion about what they would do in certain situations.
From completely nonsensical fun to real-life situations that you could find yourself in, how are you going to handle it, or what would it look like for you?
406. How long would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
407. If you could time travel, where would you go?
408. If you had a statue, where would you want it to be?
409. If you could only bring 3 things to a deserted island, what would they be?
410. If you could change one thing that happened, what would it be?
411. If you could design a planet, what would your perfect planet look like?
412. If you were a food, what food would you be?
413. If extra lives were a thing in the real world, how would you earn them?
414. If you could be invisible, but it would mean being permanently invisible, would you want to be?
415. If you were reincarnated as an animal, which animal would you come back as?
416. If you worked in the adult entertainment industry, what would your pseudonym be?
417. How many times would you get hit if you got $5,000 whenever you were hit in the face?
418. If you could have dinner with any living person, who would it be?
419. If you could have dinner with any deceased person, who would it be?
420. If you could change bodily sounds (farts, sneeze, etc.) what sounds would replace the old ones?
421. If you were given any one luxury item but were not able to sell it, who would you give it to?
422. If you could own a restaurant, what type of food would it serve?
423. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
424. If you could have one thing replaced by robots, what would it be?
425. If you could read people’s minds, but they could also read yours, would you want to?
426. If you won the lottery but had to spend all of your winnings in one day, how would you do it?
Q&A Questions for YouTubers
As a YouTuber, it’s important to be open and honest with your audience. These questions will help you do just that by giving your viewers some insight into what goes on behind the scenes of your channel.
Be sure to answer them as candidly as possible to show your fans that you’re human, just like them.
These are the best questions to ask and answer as a YouTuber to give your audience a little insight into what, why, and how you do what you do.
427. What inspired you to start making videos?
428. What’s your creative process like?
429. What equipment do you use to film your videos?
430. How do you come up with video ideas?
431. How do you edit your videos?
432. Do you have any advice for aspiring YouTubers?
433. What do you think is the key to success on YouTube?
434. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
435. Are you doing YouTube for the money?
436. Why should people follow your channel?
437. Are you the same in real life as you are on your channel?
Final thoughts on the best Q&A questions for YouTube
There you have it, 437 Q&A questions for YouTube that you can ask and answer to build up a rapport with your audience, give them some insight into who you are and what you do, and just have some fun.
You can do this all yourself, with a bunch of friends, and use it as a bonding moment with your significant other, siblings, or other family members.
Remember, there are no wrong answers to these questions, so just relax and be yourself.
If you’re ever feeling stuck, just ask yourself what you would want to know if you were in your audience’s shoes.
With that said, go out there and start asking and answering some questions.